Spotterup.com had the unique privilege to be the first to announce new or debuting products and technology at Warrior Expo West. In this article, by Spotterup owner and founder Michael Kurcina, learn about noteworthy products and where to find them on the show floor.
It’s not too late to register for this premier defense industry show. Online registration closes on Sunday, April 16 at 11:59 p.m. After that, you’ll need to register on site at the San Diego Convention Center on Wednesday, April 19. The show floor opens at 0930 on Wednesday and 1030 on Thursday. See you soon!
Hear what Spotter Up has to say:
Warrior Expo West is the place to be April 19-20. Defense, security, and law enforcement material solutions provider ADS, Inc. hosts this unique event to showcase select products that address our most pressing needs. Spotter Up previously mentioned the unique training opportunities that are going to be available. Today, we have a sampling and virtual tour of some of the cutting edge equipment, technology, and gear.
For more than a decade medical techniques and technology advances have increased the wounded warfighter's survivability exponentially in comparison to past conflicts; but we still must do more. Here are some of the products that can make that happen.
Combat Support Equipment (CSE)
In the past, we've had the luxury of operating from secure facilities; this can’t be guaranteed in the future. Further, future conflicts may require lightening speed response on the smallest possible support infrastructure. In these instances, efficiency becomes critical. We are also searching for ways to improve the survivability of those that go in harm’s way. Solutions to these problems are…
- Vertical Carousel by Sencorp White (Booth #1535) – Automated storage system that can hold over 800lbs and be lifted 30ft in the air, saving both floor space and time.
- Air Cases by Pelican (Booth #1013) – Superior strength but light in comparison to traditional cases.
- Brenergy High Energy Lithium Battery by Bren-Tronics (Booth #1416) – One of these batteries replaces two lead batteries at half the weight AND size.
- Ballistic Door Panel by Angel Armor (Booth #1335) – Recently our police have had to take cover behind car doors that only stop bullets in the movies. This door panel changes that situation and installs in 30 minutes or less.
- ESS – Shades to see! Crossblade Eyesheilds, Regular & Naro Fit, Jumpmaster Goggle
- Drifire – Check out Drifire/Crye Precision Field Gear.
Advantages in this field allow us to be inside our adversaries’ decision cycle. That allows us to fight and win when a simple numbers analysis would point in a different direction. Maintaining this edge is critical especially in a world filled with old and new threats.
- [NEW] Tactical Electronics will be unveiling their NEW CORE camera line that improves the way operators perform tactical inspections by delivering the most advanced cameras, thermal fusion technology, and unsurpassed modularity.
- Cooling and Thermal Systems by RINI Technologies (Booth #1520) – Technology to cool and heat people when they need it most and in the most austere environments.
- WING Inflatables (Booth #1425 & 1527) – WING will display two never seen before boats.
- Nomad: White TCV – Provides organizations the capability to have on-site communications in seven minutes coupled with a super small and relatively light vehicle platform.
Weapons & Optics
The needs in this field often get the most attention but true innovation is hard to come by.
This is a small sampling of some of the coolest concepts.
Other companies in attendance include:
- Barefoot Science (Booth #632)
- Belleville Boot Company (Booth #617)
- Rocky Boots (Booth# 1009)
- Beyond Clothing (Booth# 801)
- Dix Defense (Booth # 1215)
- Motorola (Booth #1216)
- Bauer Compressors (Booth #1517)
- Shark Cage (Booth #1023)
- Jameson (Booth #441)
- FoxFury (Booth #914)
- Milo Range (Booth #1138)
To see more of who is going to be at Warrior Expo West, here’s the Show Guide. If you live in or can make it to San Diego area on April 19-20, Warrior Expo West is promising to be an eye-opening and very worthwhile event. This is the place to come, demo, and touch tomorrow’s solutions to today’s problems. You can see if you are qualified to attend and register here.
Will Rodriguez is a 20+ year former Infantry officer with experience in both light and mechanized units as well as armor. His last assignment was serving in the Infantry school's battle lab doing DOTMLPF (doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel and facilities) assessment on weapon systems, equipment) assessment on weapons systems, equipment and technology to equip the Infantry for the next 10-20 years. Will also is the senior editor for GruntsandCo.com, a website dedicated to issues of interest to the Infantrymen and those that support them. Will is a frequent contributor to Spotter Up, as well as an assistant editor. His work has also been published in SpecialOperations.com, SOFREP.com, the Loadout Room, and Infantry Magazine. He is also a firearms instructor and holds a masters degree in Counseling and Leader Development.