The proliferation of drones in the hands of private operators, organizations and unfriendly nations has spurred the development of anti-drone systems that are versatile, scalable and immediately available.
Because there isn’t a single drone technology, countering both commercial and military drone technologies require a layered approach.
When combating obtrusive UASs, users need access to a full spectrum of counter systems that:
- Snatch drones out of the air
- Electronically attack drones, making them fall from the sky
- Take control of the drone to land or reroute the threat
- Trap drones inside invisible fences or nets
- Break communication between drone and controller via directional jammer
- Traditional defense mechanisms, such as shooting drones down
ADS’s suppliers offer purpose-built solutions used by military, law enforcement, prison and physical security personnel to protect military installations, control posts, critical infrastructure, prison facilities and public gathering venues.
Liteye’s SkyWall Patrol is a handheld system that captures a drone in an entangling net. Compressed air launches a projectile up to the drone after the operator has targeted it using the onboard SmartScope. This physical drone capture creates a predictable outcome, minimizing collateral damage.
SkyWall Patrol can be used as a standalone drone defense system but can also be integrated with a wider security system, using the SkyLink module, to offer a highly capable counter-drone package. A single SkyWall Patrol system can protect a set area. Multiple systems can be deployed from mobile units to protect a large site.
WhiteFox’s DroneFox creates an invisible dome of defense with the use of proprietary algorithms, creating automated airspace security for both fixed structures and security on the move.
- Analyzes multiple bands within the RF spectrum
- Informs the user with drone forensic ID, flight time of drone, etc. to determine threat level
- Allows the user to mitigate the drone—in one click land, reroute or return the identified threat by taking operation of the drone and locking the original pilot out without intruding or interfering with other signals in the airspace
Elta North America’s Man-Portable Anti-Drone System Kit (MADS-K) detects, positively identifies, tracks and jams UAS group 1 and 2 targets—when authorized. Modular design integrations include optional multiple C2 integrations, hard kill and soft kill and On the Move (OTM) capabilities.
- MARS-K V1 Radar: Air and ground surveillance optimized for C-UAS
- Mini-Pop Electro-Optical/Infared (EO/IR) Camera
- ELK-7012D Directional Jammer
Dedrone’s DroneDefender is a non-kinetic UAS countermeasure, which safeguards airspace without risking collateral damage. DroneDefender quickly disrupts the adversary's control of the UAS, neutralizing it so that no remote action, including detonation, can occur, minimizing UAS damage and risk to public safety.
DroneDefender handheld units are portable, intuitive and man-in-the-loop. The system employs two different defenses to disrupt unwanted UAS—remote control disruption and GPS disruption.