Thales – Universal Battery Charger (UBC) Scalable Charging System
The UBC is a scalable charging system that charges a wide range of military and commercial batteries, and provides for the addition of new batteries through software upgradability and an innovative modular design. The base unit weighs approximately 6 pounds, is small enough to be carried in a rucksack, and is rugged enough to be vehicle-mounted. Multiple UBC charging systems can be cascaded and powered from a single power source without requiring any tools. The UBC allows charging under heavy rain, and in other harsh environmental conditions, without cover. The charger is optimized to provide the warfighter with the ability to harvest power from solar panels, and a variety of other power sources. The UBC combines the functions and capabilities of multiple battery chargers into one small, scalable package. It provides battery-charging technology to the warfighter through a highly rugged, field-deployable, multi-battery modular solution for austere mission environments
- Approved US Army’s Program of Record Charger
- Simultaneous charging of multiple warfighter battery types: Thales’ family of tactical handheld radios, AN/PRC-152, AN/PRC-163, BB-2590, and conformal batteries
- Fast charging: up to 8 batteries simultaneously
- User-configurable battery adapters, no tools required
- Man-portable and vehicle mount
- Battery state of charge and state of health indicators
- Standard USB ports for charging phones and tablets
- Built-in solar mode with solar power meter
NEED A QUOTE?
Products are available for DOD, Federal, State and Local Government Agency ordering.
ADS cannot quote or fulfill personal orders.