Habitat for Humanity believes that everyone, everywhere, should have a healthy, affordable place to call home.
More than building homes, they build communities, they build hope and they build the opportunity for families to help themselves. It’s an honor and privilege for Habitat SHR to help create affordable housing solutions for Veterans and active-duty military families in our community. Since 2014, 10% of all Habitat SHR partner-families have served in our Armed Forces. The Habitat for Heroes home build shares our mission of supporting our nation’s military, veterans, first-responders and their families. Working together, ADS and Habitat for Humanity SHR can make a real difference to the people who matter most.
- Vision: A South Hampton Roads where everyone has a safe, secure place to call home.
- Mission: Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads engages the community in building opportunities for qualified families to achieve independence and stability through purchasing an affordable home. We serve all seven geographical entities that comprise South Hampton Roads: Chesapeake, Isle of Wight, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Smithfield, Suffolk and Virginia Beach.
- Since 1988, more than 200 homes have been built or renovated and sold to hard-working, low-income families.
- We will act with integrity in every aspect of our business.
- We will demonstrate good stewardship and return on investment by way of fiscal responsibility, effective budgetary practices, accountability, and caring for all of our organization’s resources.
- We will embrace selfless participation, dedication, and teamwork in commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s ideals and principles.
- We will respect, honor, and recognize the individual dignity of those who come to Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads, whether to volunteer, donate, shop, work, build, or own their own homes.
- Website: http://shrhabitat.org/
Here’s what ADS employees had to say:
“ Nothing makes me more proud of the company I work for and the people I work with than the united effort on helping people who cannot help themselves. The commitment that I saw this past weekend when my follow employees took time from their life to help others was inspiring to say the least.” -Carl Swayze
“This was such an amazing experience, they always say it’s better to give than receive, and that statement is so true. Giving back to the community and being a part of the ADS team is an honor and I look forward to future events.” -Jen Subasavage
“I don’t know how to build a house, that‘s a given, but when multiple people come together and as a group, we succeed in creating something that someone who needs our help will eventually be able to live in. That in itself is a humbling experience that I was appreciative of being able to take part” -Michelle Wiggs
“It was a blast and I look forward to more opportunities like it. How often do you get to support a great cause, help grow your local community, get some exercise, and build relationships with your teammates all at once?” – Mike Eyre