If you watch the news, it’s hard to ignore the ever-changing threats of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) warfare in the United States, DoD industry, and beyond.
The element of surprise, unseen agents, and lethal devices causes the population to be extremely vulnerable against the constantly evolving nature of CBRNE threats and violent events. Now more than ever, maintaining a secure position in countering these threats is of the highest priority for all emergency response personnel, ranging from first responders (law enforcement, firefighters, police, medical, and even civilian volunteers) to high-ranking government officials.
Lack of proper hazards containment and rescue training in the event of a CBRNE attack renders emergency personnel insufficient in safeguarding civilians, as well as themselves. ADS, Inc. works diligently to identify and mitigate these risks by maintaining a leading position at the forefront of sourcing and supplying emerging CBRNE defense products, training, and technologies.
ADS contributes in the continuous development of new products and technologies by partnering with industry-leading manufacturers and suppliers of CBRNE defense equipment and training services. As the prime vendor on multiple CBRNE IDIQ contracts, ADS has experience in providing Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products and support solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security.
ADS’ experience and immersion in growing CBRNE threat awareness and preparedness through its vast operational equipment and training offerings remains unparalleled in the defense industry. Our team plans to continue to grow its capabilities to meet the ever-evolving threats by providing increased support to our existing CBRNE program-level customers and staying abreast rapidly evolving defense requirements.
Join our expanding Special Mission Solutions team and be apart of a company that works proactively to combat the ever-changing threats of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives warfare, with confidence. We’re currently hiring for a CBRNE Business Development Manager in the Aberdeen, Maryland/D.C. Metro area.
ADS, Inc. is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to provide increased support to our program level CBRNE customers.
Why ADS, Inc.? Legendary Service. Market Leadership. Uncommon Opportunity.
At ADS, Inc., your experience is highly valued and absolutely vital to our ability to provide unparalleled operational equipment and logistics solutions to our warfighters. The discipline, drive, insight, and technical expertise top-performing Sales professionals bring to our organization are essential to our success in providing the mission-critical solutions our customers require to increase their operational effectiveness, complete their missions, and make this world a safer place.
We live a work hard, play hard ethos and are committed to providing legendary service to the warfighter. We are the market leader with the best people, unparalleled products, and more procurement solutions than anyone else in our industry. We offer the uncommon opportunity to play a vital role in supporting the noble cause of our over 4,000 defense customers worldwide in a dynamically growing organization.
- Represent ADS within Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO CBD)
- Research and develop business within assigned program office and related accounts
- Identify program needs and objectives
- Identify initial purchases and priorities, manufacturers, product categories and technologies
- Identify preferred and/or optimal means of procurement
- Serve as the lead for all large-scale solicitations
- Engage and establish long term sales and service solutions
- Market/Industry analysis
- Analyze market trends, new requirements, new program inceptions
- Gather intelligence
- Create new solutions in response to market changes
- Represent preferred vendor products as applicable
- Work with internal ADS support staff
- Communicate with support staff to make sure customer deadlines are met, agreements are in place, strategic alliances are established, etc.
- Facilitate direct communication with customer when needed
- Work with assigned vertical sales reps based on program territory and/or scope of program objective as required.
- Help structure and grow program development business unit
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Generate reports and respond to requests for information on time
- 3-5 years prior military or civil service experience with
- 2 years of experience with government programs, either in sales or development
- 2 years of experience in government contracts & procedures
- 2 years of experience with MS Office
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent travel required
- Understanding of the Government Acquisition process and contracting
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Flexibility and organizational skills
- Good grammar and writing skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communications skills ability to build rapport and trust
- Strong negotiation skills
ADS believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at ADS.
ADS JOB OPENINGS
Seeking a career that leverages your drive, intelligence, and unmatched interpersonal skills?
Do you thrive on achieving aggressive goals and working independently? Are you looking for a challenging and fast-paced work environment? ADS is looking for exceptionally talented, top-performing sales and vendor relations professionals with drive and enthusiasm to further sales growth. Please visit our career page to get started!
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
Started in 1997 out of the Lynnhaven Dive Center in Virginia Beach, VA with nothing more than gumption and a focus on serving the unique needs of government customers, Atlantic Diving Supply or ADS, Inc. was born.
Fast forward to 20 years later, ADS is a Top 50 Department of Defense (DoD) Contractor, a Military Friendly Gold Award recipient, and considered the Top Veteran Friendly company by U.S. Veterans Magazine. We focus on solving our customers’ challenges by providing the best product and service offerings, the broadest array of procurement options, and legendary customer service.
ADS wouldn't have been successful in serving our customers for 20+ years without the help of the Hampton Roads community, which we take great pride in. With that being said, we wanted to offer our community a glimpse into what drives our nearly 500 employees on a daily basis.